Sunday, December 20, 2020

Acitinic Keratosis again!

 The older I get the more problems I have with allergies, skin sensitivity, etc. Acitinic Keratosis is what the allegist said I had and suppposedly healed and to come back in six months but it has already flaired up again.

Blames the sun but it has to be more cuz I don't get that much sun anymore..I was reading the ten best foods for good skin and currently I am not eating any of them.  Salmon, Broccoli, Lemon, Almonds, Green Tea, Pumpkin Seeds, Honey, Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Yogurt.

Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil can be directly rubbed on the skin as well as taken in the mouth.  And some are pushing pumpkin facials.  All I know is I have had too many break outs in the last few years.  

Foods to avoid...alcohol, no problem there, deep fried food, cheese and other dairy foods will increase oil production and lead to blocked pores, coffee and cold cuts, no problem there, doughnuts and other sugary treats, chocolate, problem this time of year.  Sugar glycates collagen, it stiffens it and ages it prematurely.  Heard of no sugar cookies, fine those. Fruit juice is bad, gluten I have already given up, Low fat yogurt because of the high sugar content.  I haven't been eaten yogurt for the last year because the doctor to give it up cuz of the sugar but maybe the high fat yogurt is ok. Already gave up milk but the ice cream is a problem, pasta I seldom eat, however I just bought a dozen boxes of Annies gluten free shell mac and cheese, oops.  Pizza, bad, have two of those in the freeze.  Soda is bad in fact added sugar is the most aging food we consume. Trans fats are bad and whey protein.

I need to carry a card around my neck with all the have and have nots and see if I can conquer this!!!!

And of course stay hydrated!!!!!


 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far