Monday, December 21, 2020

Fuchs Corneal Distrophy

When I had laser cataract surgery on my left eye, this was also diagnosed and it will only get worse.

Very irritated eyes,,,don't rub, don't put water on, eyes are especially sensitive to glare and bright lights and should not drive at night.  Can be blurry.  Only thing to help is eye drops with sodium chloride in them.

It is the destruction of endothelium cells in the cornea but not sure why and it is hereditary.  The cornea on the front of your eye swells..

Internet suggests blow drying your eyes with a hair dryer set on low and held at arms length, a few times per day ...but I thought dry eyes were irritating, what is the difference?   I do not know but this helps....on low.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far