Monday, December 07, 2020

The Little Nisse

Maria sent me a Christmas present in two shipments.  In the first one there was little gnome with a story of his legend.  I put it under the Christmas tree.  

Later Maria and I were talking about the gifts and she asked me if I learned the legend of the little guy.  I said that I hadn't.  She said it was supposed to come in a red box that told his story.  I said it came in a cellophane bag and didn't say anything on it.  She was upset with Amazon for misrepresenting and I believe she wrote a note on their page telling them so.

A few days later I carried some bows I was not using out to the Christmas decoration storage bin and there on top of it was the red box with the story about the The Little Nisse. In my mind I visualized seeing the gnome in the cellophane bag along with a puzzle of Stockholm and a cute little Swedish book about living a balanced life.  I did not see a red box.  It was so real to me.  I must have been so quick to clean up the box stuff the presents had come in I put the red box away for storage until after Christmas to store the little guy in and then totally forgot about it.

This disturbs me a lot because now I know for sure that I cannot trust my memory!!!!  And I will even defend the wrong memory.  I was so sure there was not a red box.  I am officially an old lady who cannot be trusted at all.







 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far