Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flossie

Meet Flossie, a handcrafted porcelain doll I loved the moment I saw her. The local gift shop was closing out on carrying dolls and she was half price. I have seen dolls like her for as much as $350 and that was over 10 years ago. Anyway to make a long story short, I thought about her all day, and then went back and bought her. I reasoned that I have never regretted a purchase of something I truly loved and that brought me such joy and I am sure she was being sold for less than wholesale. Richard and John both had a love for the brownfaced people and she reminded me somewhat of the pictures John took of brownfaced children from Peru and ladies from Nepal. She has a lovely expression on her face and is supposedly representative of the Columbian people.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far