Sunday, April 27, 2008

Maria, the Writer!

I am not positive if Maria will like me sharing this but the Author who put on the Writer's Conference last week critiqued a few of her stories and came back with fantastic feedback. Following is what she said. (Of course, we all know she is a terrific writer. But wouldn't it be great if the rest of the world knew it.)

Maria, you are a terrific writer.
I read many of your pieces and must say, your work is publishable. I don’t know if you ever submitted any of your personal essays to magazines/journals, but I honestly believe they are good enough to be accepted. Just examples: Such work as The Wardrobe Box and The Missing Piece always well received by popular magazines, your religious quest in any number of journals, (the United Church of Christ wants to hear from members of all religions and from those who question their faith on occasion) and many of your “change” essays could end up in “My Turn,” column Newsweek, etc. Those are just the ones I know – am sure there are many other outlets.

Finally, I think you have the makings of a memoir – it would be just getting the form in place, then writing your guts out.

I do wish you well, in your writing and in your life. You are a remarkable woman.
Candace

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

That is Fantastic!! Wouldn't it be amazing if Maria started a new career as a freelance writer?

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far