Friday, April 04, 2008

Mitch the Musician

Today I had to go to Susanville to the bank and Walmart and since Maria couldn't join me for lunch, Mitch did. We were talking about Mitch working at McDonalds and saving his money for a guitar. Then he began explaining all he is learning about notes and chords and he understood it all so well.
In fact, he said it was so easy. It is not so easy for me at all. I remember how hard it was and still is for me to understand and I had several years of piano and have attempted my organ music books many times. I just "do not get it".
I was telling him that John "got it", too. When he took piano, he wanted the theory, the chording, the understanding, not just practicing the songs. Anne Riggs, the music teacher, gave it to him.
I definitely think this "left" (I think) brain understanding of music is a direct gift from God. You either understand it or you don't.
I am so happy Mitch understands it, loves it, and is enjoying his pursuit of the music world. What a great talent to develop and I definitely believe it is a gift.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far