Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grandchildren

I came to Jimmy and Camber's home Thursday and have had a delightful time with the children. Kelsi and I are good pals, as everyone else has things to do with school, work and such. We've enjoyed the swimming pool, reading books and watching TV. She calls me 'Maa'.
I am struck each time I come down how quickly children become adults and, of course, how delightfully different is each grandchild. Such individual personalities and talents, it's a wonderful world, this world of grandchildren.

Thursday night the Valkos and Pulsiphers came to the Hardys for a Mexican Feast. For some reason we all forgot to take pictures!!

Sunday I enjoyed sitting in the second row of Church with the grandchildren and James. After a bit of noise, they finally settled down to being fairly reverent. It reminded me of how difficult those years of keeping children quiet in Church was...
It has been a great trip, so glad Linda invited me for Mother's Day and beyond. Now it is back to see if the deer have eaten everything that has popped up or if the dryness has killed everything. I am looking forward to having a few more green things this year than last, though I hear it is the dryest it has been in a hundred years in Lake Almanor!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far