Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"With a Song in My Heart"

It has been a delicious nostalgic weepy day of watching old war movies. I just finished my favorite "With a Song in My Heart".
This was the true story of Jane Froman, a singer who was injured in a plane crash on her way to sing overseas. She had over 22 operations on her leg during a three year period and then went back overseas while she was still on crutches to finish her USO singing stint. She did over 100 shows. She also fell in love with one of the pilots who was injured in the same crash and they finally got together after three years. It is a great musical and I have looked for it for years to buy. I think I was looking for it under the wrong title.
Now I can buy it on TCM.com or just keep it on my recorder! Robert Wagner made his debut as a young soldier in the movie. I saw it while I was in college and never forgot it.
The nice thing about a recorder is you can record other shows while watching so I have another six or so war movies to watch. Always something to look forward to...

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far