Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day and a Beach Bash

On Mother's Day, Gary and his children prepared a gourmet belgian waffle and bacon breakfast with luscious fruit on the waffles. Gary could be an excellent chef in any restaurant, if he so chose, so it was really good.
They also presented Linda with flowers and we received cards. Linda wrote me a very nice letter--something we don't often see in this day so I really appreciated that.
After a lovely Church service we had a wonderful dinner with Gary's parents as guests and then the Pulsiphers were able to talk to Craig in Brazil for a whole hour.
It was a lovely Mother's day and I did not get the Mother Day Blues as I so often did in my younger years.
Richard could never figure out why I was so blue on Mother's Day and I didn't know either but I will never forget the Mother's Day he told me we should just skip church and listening to all those Mother Day talks and spend a few hours alone at Seaport Village. We did just that and met the children later for dinner. He was very thoughtful of my feelings.
On Wednesday the 14th we went to Maria's timeshare in Oceanside and had a Beach Bash. This was something we always did in June to celebrate Linda and James birthday--only that was always at La Jolla Shores. This reminded me of those times.
Pulsiphers brought a wood crate and Matt found another so there was plenty of wood for hot dogs and 'smores'.
The beach was quite deserted as the tourist crowds have not yet arrived.
You can see how lovely the beach and palm trees are. You can see Maria's timeshare in the background.
Just another day in paradise, as Maria says. The weather was great, surfers were in view and the water was quite warm...
I didn't have to do anything but pose for a picture...it was 7 at night so we did not have our bathing suits on...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far