Friday, May 02, 2008

It is Officially Spring...

This picture was taken on April 27 so officially the last piece of snow in my yard melted on April 28 and Spring was here, finally!
Unfortunately it went to 20 degrees a few days later!
Daffodils bloom in one of John's Mourning Gardens. It really helped to plant them in cages last year as the squirrels have left them where I put them. I will do a lot more this year now that I know!
The amazing thing is that on May 1 all of my lot had been raked and ready to burn all unwanted needles and branches. That is the earliest I have ever completed this task. It took me all week of working a few hours and then reading and resting and then working again. I finished "The Jane Austen Book Club" and "Eden Close"--recommend both of them. The reason it was so amazing is I didn't think I had the strength for all that but yea, I did it!!!! Now if I can just get the sprinkler system attached to the water faucet, I still haven't enough muscle to do that. Where is a good man when you need them?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far