Friday, September 19, 2008

Carmen the Garmin

On the way to work today we tried out my car partner's GPS who he calls Gia. She directed us beautifully, even showing where gas stations were coming up and banks, etc. I was anxious to try my own.
I had purchased one myself last night. My search for "what to buy" started with a trip to BEST BUY to check them all out and then a search for the cheapest of what I liked. I finally found the cheapest was to do a mail order from Wal Mart and then I went to Costco and it was the same price as Wal Mart. Wow, saved $100!!
Tonight I tried it out. I had seen a restaurant I like on the way home so put in the name. I was surprised my GP (Carmen, I call her) had me turn right but I thought it must be a "back" way. When I tried to assume where I should go without waiting for Carmen, she immediately said--"recalculating" and gave me new instructions. When she said I was there after I had tried to second guess her about three times and went in circles and I couldn't see it I figured she had really goofed but...it was just that the restaurant had closed at that location and it was not the one I had seen from the freeway. Will try and find that one tomorrow.
After circling so much I was confused as to which way to turn and didn't know my way home but Carmen did, she easily took me home. Since I have been frustrated and "lost" so many times I have decided this is the greatest invention since computers. Every woman should have one for sure!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far