Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sacramento rocks!

I must say this is a plush assignment so far. We are at the Homewood Suites which backs up to the Galleria Mall so it will be a nice way to get my daily walk. Today I walked over to Best Buy to check out the GPS navigators. I decided it is a must for me.
Yesterday Michael picked me up after work in my car (Mitch, Melissa, and Maria brought it down from Chico) and we went to eat and to a movie. It was dark when I tried to find my hotel. It should have been easier than it was but I took the wrong turn off 80 and then went the wrong direction for a long time. I ended up in Rocklin instead of Roseville and couldn't find the way back to the freeway to reorient myself. It is scary.
I have been lost in Sacramento more than once and I think the GPS is the answer. If anyone has a suggestion as to what kind to buy, please let me know. Right now I am trying to find the Garmin 260w for a good price.

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

I don't know, but I agree that it is a must for Matt and I also. We are always getting lost in Boston, the roads are so confusing here! I wanted to the get the iphone because it has built in GPS, but it turns out that you can't use the iphone in Hong Kong so I didn't get it. No sense in buying a nice phone for only 4 months of use.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far