Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day, Part 2, Lake Almanor, 2011



I had made some of Ray Collins Swedish Meatballs and decided to cook them in the Chili Sauce, Grape Jelly as Carole and Jane told me about. 

 Michael bought some really spicy Chili Sauce for me and WOW did it make them good.  That is a wonderful meatball recipe.  I also made some of Michael's quiche with some ham leftover from the Branch party.  

Michael planned to make some Ramaki when Mitch, Melissa, 
and Sean  came from their Dad's house.

But he did have his Cheesecake ready.  We were just not sure how it would be after the pan had leaked so much liquid.  Actually it looked a little strange but was still delicious. 

 Michael also unwrapped his three presents from Mark, Barry, and his grandparents and he liked the shirts and hats and money.

I watched "The Nutcracker" all afternoon as performed by the New York Ballet and it was superb.  I think I enjoyed it more than I ever had before.  Camber and the boys and Kelsi called so I enjoyed talking to them.  Linda sent pictures of the children in the hats and scarves I knitted for them.


The gate closed at 5 so Melissa called and I went down to let her and Sean in.  But Mitch had gone home to get some things and did not have a phone!!! 

 Melissa went back to the gate a half hour later and waited and waited and finally came back.  A little bit later Mitch and Bruce came through the back door.  They had left the car outside the gate and taken the shortcut but it was so dark they had a very hard time.  When there is no moon shining it is almost impossible  to see without a flashlight on the Peninsula. 




Anyway Michael made his treat even though it burned a little and they ate our goodies and then hurried home, except for Mitch who stayed the night and played games with Mike.  Note to myself: Never put burned bacon items with sugary sauce on a paper towel.





























It was a good holiday.  Melissa brought three presents from Crystal, Mark's wife,  though supposedly the peanut brittle was suggested by Mitch.  Anyway more chocolates and good hot chocolate for us.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far