Saturday, December 10, 2011

Slooh and the Lunar Eclipse

Slooh is on my computer and you can watch interesting things happening in the skies.  This morning I woke up to watch the lunar eclipse.  However, as I looked outside at 5:30 AM I could see the crescent moon very bright in my own sky.  It was shining between two large pines and as I manuevered back and forth across my patio glass door I could see it get smaller and smaller in the next half hour.   I kept going back and forth between the real thing and my computer.  I could not distinguish the redness as it was covered, just the darkeness of the moon.

Eventually I couldn't see it at all and the early morning was so dark.  I could not see to the edge of the deck even.  Anyway I saw the Lunar Eclipse and Mike must have been traveling while it happened.  Because my noise had waked him, (he hates that), he decided to make his run to the ATM while he was awake and come back to sleep a few more hours before work.  He was not interested in the lunar eclipse at all!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far