Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Just Do the Best You Can

Today I put all the Christmas things in their containers and Michael will help put them on the shelves when he returns.  He is in Sacramento for the night and I will clean good tomorrow and then get on with something more interesting.
I talked a long time to Marjorie yesterday and she is going through what I was going through.  Reason tells you that you should not feel so depressed but you just can't reason yourself out of it.  I ran across this quote in The Ensign today and thought it makes so much sense in light of my experience the other day.  "Just do your best every day" (and don't dwell on the negative) I might add.  This was the quote from Elder Russell Ballard.

“Not long ago, one of my children said, ‘Dad, sometimes I wonder if I will ever make it.’  The answer I gave to her is the same as I would give to you.  If you have had similar feelings,  Just do the very best you can each day.  Do the basic things and, before you realize it, your life will be full of spiritual understandiong that will confirm to you that your Heavenly father loves you.  When a person knows this, then life will be full of purpose and meaning, making balance easier to maintain.”
 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far