Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Mantras I Live By

I have had some mantras I try to follow faithfully.  "Do What You Have To Do When It Has To Be Done" has been with me since Sister Holladay proclaimed it in a First Ward Sunday School Class in San Diego in 56 or 57.

"Never Assume" is something I imbued in all of my loan processors and loan officers when I was heading Choice Mortgage in the loan brokerage business.  I find it is also a truism in Suduko, something I have been doing for about the past five years.

A newer one that is so important is "Always Hold On When Going Down Stairs".  This means I cannot carry anything with two hands and go down stairs.  This has been in my life since I slipped on the stairs two years ago and dislocated my shoulder.

"Step Carefully" and "Eat Slowly" are new ones I am adding.  If I don't pay attention and trip I can fall so easily.  And if I don't pay attention to what and how I am eating I can suddenly have something lodged in my throat and it is very painful to release.

Growing Old is an interesting time which those who die young never get to experience.  You need a sense of humor and a great appreciation for what it is like to be a toddler.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far