Saturday, April 14, 2012

Casablanca

A more fun movie was the 70th anniversary of "Casablanca".  No wonder I did not think Humphrey Bogart was so handsome and that he was too old when I saw it.  I was only 9!  I liked Tab Hunter types at that age.

Anyway I thought he was much more handsome than I remembered.  I also understood the story much more after reading Wikipedia.  I think we missed a lot of understanding in the movies we saw as children.

One remarkable thing is how much better the sound was than in the movies I see every day.  It is because they put all this loud background music in the movies today and you have a hard time understanding what they are saying. 

I loved the old songs played, of course, "As Time Goes By" especially,  but I was surprised to hear a rendition of "Perfidia" also.  This was popular when I was a freshman in college.

Anyway, great movie, especially now that I understand the whole story and how noble Bogart was being and why they got back "Paris" and why it is such a great love story.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far