Monday, April 09, 2012

My Easter 2012

I don't think there was more than 20 at Church today but we had good lessons and a nice talk.  Not like the Protestant Easters but very spiritual and meaningful.

For Dinner Mike made Ham and Broccoli Quiche and I made Creamed Corn and Au Gratin Potatoes (the Funeral Potatoes version) and we also had rolls.  I had intended to make my favorite Lemon Coconut Cake that I felll in love with in Texas but when the bell sounded on the cake I was shocked to see it had never risen.  That is what happens when you forget to change the Broil setting to Bake--it was like soft pudding under the browned top.

So I threw that away and made Heavenly Pie which was my brother Dick's favorite.  It is meringue on the bottom with lemon and whipped cream filling and topped with whipped cream--only I used Cool Whip.  Actuaully pretty good.  I had left Mitch and Mike some little Easter Baskets. 

Mitch did not go to Michigan and is going to be living in Susanville for awhile and working with his band.

Lea and Keira
We forgot to take pictures as did Linda, Jimmy and Maria.  They had gathered their families at Jimmy's house for lots of yummy food.  Keira looks a little worried, must be a cautious child like her Grandpa John was.  Look at all her hair.  Lea is looking beautiful at 12!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far