Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Lillie of Jersey

I have been watching another interesting British Series called "Lillie" and yesterday I found it is based on the life of a real person.  She lived in the Victorian Age and was one of the mistresses of Bertie -- son of Queen Victoria, who was married to Alexandra.  Lillie was considered the most beautiful woman in the world and was sought after by many men.  She became an actress and wealthy in her own right.  It is a very interesting series.  She was called a professional beauty--which was like a model who posed for many paintings.  That is how she got her start.  It is interesting the way men pursue married women and so many have affairs with the knowledge of their wives and/or husbands.

Another series I have put hours into over the last two months I am now on the the second Volume of DVDs--the series "Winds of War" became "War and Remembrance" and is not on the streaming list of Netflix so I get about two DVDs a week and still have many to go.  I am impressed with Netflix and their system.  Very impressive.  Anyway sometimes I can hardly bear to watch what is happening in some of  the Nazi WWII scenes but I have learned a lot and it is a very well done series.  The books would be fun to read but so long...

Since my big TV is broke I am enjoying DVDS, Roku, and TV all in my bedroom.  Good thing I have Mike's old TV--it is a big screen.

I also tracked down the book "Men Are Like Streetcars" written in the 30s and read when I was in high school.  It is a fun book to read.  Strange slang words and expressions they had in the 30's but there are little tips about dating and such.  That must have been what I liked in high school.

I am amazed how much I have been accomplishing on my San Diego Years book, it is tiring but I am glad to get it done though sometimes some memories come back I would just as soon forget but I am glad I have things written down,  I know this exercise is more for me than expecting anyone to read my writings and see my pix but good memories mostly.  Life is Good.  Just wish I had more energy.

Today I did a good food chart and I start my 17 points a day for 30 days...it is Weight Watchers and I really need to get off the fat and sugar and carbs so here I go again.

One thing good about Dish--I like their music stations!!!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far