Thursday, April 26, 2012

Trust

Today I read about the "pat down" by TSA agents of a 4 year old from Montana.  So sad what America has come to, terrorizing children and no common sense anymore, anywhere.  I hate to fly anymore.  And then we read about the TSA agents getting "paid" to let drug dealers slip through the system--no sense at all and who can be trusted anymore?

I received my first DVD of "Holocaust" which is a series from 1978.  It is mild compared to the real documentaries I have watched and they have learned so much more about the Holocaust since then.  Still it is well done, has Meryl Streep and other great stars.  It is so obvious that the world did not understand or care what was taking place.

Mike says I shouldn't watch this depressing stuff but I think it is important to know--doesn't help with trust issues though.  This was the biggest problem for survivors of the Holocaust, to learn to trust again or ever.

Our favorite teacher Jane gave two great lessons on Sunday.  One on not fearing because we are prepared and the other on the importance of "writing our story".  She made the comment that the must mentally sound people are those who keep journals.  I must be very sound, I blog my journal, I write ongoing updates to my deceased husband and I keep every letter, card, note I receive.  Is tht writing my story or what.   I am up to 1970 on My San Dieog Years---My Lake Almanor Years are all up to date except for the first five.  The question is who will ever read about life in the 1933-2012 era?  My great, great, great grandchildren?  If my children save my books, maybe.

I love the way Jane teaches good values and principals from the Scriptures  and always leaves us with a positive message.  Great teacher!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far