Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday Conference Was So Enjoyable

I slept until 5 minutes after conference started this morning!!!  Mike and I were both up late using our computers.  Some nights I just cannot go to sleep...wish I knew why.

Every talk was excellent today.  My heart was so touched and tears filled my eyes many times.  Certain phrases remain with me “The onslaught of wickedness against our children is more subtle and brazen than it has ever been,” Elder Perry said. “Building a strong family culture adds another layer of protection for our children, insulating them from worldly influences.”



 “I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.” From Sister Dibbs.

" One day, as he prayed for guidance, he heard voice in his mind saying, “Stop the boys on the bikes.” --what a powerful talk that was, I want to hear it again from Elder Nelson, so many things the missionaries can help with.  Such young boys and yet such a powerful message.

“There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it. Perhaps we should be looking less with our eyes and more with our hearts.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf  and the commendation to love the journey and find that happines every day in your life, such a great talk that was, need to post it on my fridge.

 “Through very personal sacred experiences, the Lord gave me a new heart, and even though it was still lonely and painful, my whole outlook changed. … I was able to look forward with hope, rather than look backward with despair,” said Elder Bowen.  I loved the stories of faith and understanding given by him and a couple of others about when loved ones are suddenly take away.

“God is hastening His work,” Elder Holland said, directing his remarks to the young men and women of the Church. “And He needs more and more willing and worthy missionaries to spread the light and the truth and the hope and the salvation of the gospel of Jesus Christ to an often dark and fearful world. … This isn’t about you. It is about the sweet and pure message you are being asked to bear.”

The talk about the building of Temples and the exactness in doing them perfectly is such a testimony that we are building an eternal earth and should not fear but have faith in helping with the work.

“Distancing yourself from the kingdom of God during a trial of faith is like leaving the safety of a secure storm cellar just as the tornado comes to view.”  It is within the sanctuary of the Church that faith is protected.  This talk for those who have been led astray and the need to come back.  Such a powerful message.

 All of them were so inspirational.

And hearing about all the statues of the apostles that will be with the Statue of  Christ in the Visitors Center across from the Temple in Rome and the fact that a Stake has just been organized in India!!! 

When I think of how the Church has grown since I was a child, it is so unbelievable, I never imagined it could be so.  I also enjoyed hearing again about the beginnings of BYU and what it has become today.  I have always felt so blessed for my experiences there, thanks to my parents for being so wise to see that we got there.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far