Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy Destroys Fishing Pier at OCMD


After Hurrcane Isabel in 2003 I spent quality time in Maryland.  One of the  most fun excursions was to Ocean City where I had the best French Fries I have ever had in my life.  They served them with an Apple Vinegar.  I also saw the most beautiful sand that went waaay out there.  The Federal Government had spent millions in preventive care for the area.   The Boardwalk is so long and then goes out to the Fishing Pier.

Many good memories of that SBA Disaster trip.   We ate in Delaware and the housing with back yard piers was beautiful.  Loved the Eastern Shore of Maryland, great place to live. 

Some of the flooded areas  further south which were still a mess was a sad sight and I believe this will be so much worse.  

Too bad I am not younger, I am sure I could have some work out of this.  It always seemed sad that my employment depended on disaster for others.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far