John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far

Friday, March 08, 2013

My Bucket List

At my 80th Birthday Party written suggestions were given to me for my 'bucket list'.   Several of them I have done all ready as in:
  • Get a new Dog--Sadie
  • Live in a Cabin by the Lake--15 years now
  • Go on a date--tried that a few times
  • Visit the Watt's Tower
  • Flirt with two boys in one night--well they were a little older than boys
  • Make-out--ha ha, believe it
  • Visit the White House--I think we did that on our Washington trip, can't remember
  • Whale Watching--been there, done that, more than once.  Well worth it.
  • Get your Handwriting Analyzed
  • Just take a Day off--that IS my life now
  • Take Subaru Offroading--Marjorie and I tried that with the Outback-almost got lost and we realized no one knew where we were
  • Play Hard to Get--from whom???
  • Go to Muscle Beach--Went there when I was young, single, and pretty.  Neat!
  • Sing Karoke--Did that in '98, Did the song 'Crazy'
A few of them I would not do even if I was able:
  • Wear a bikini--you would not want to see that, trust me
  • Do a 5K--Ha
  • One Night Stand--with whom????  And I could not stay awake...
  • Go Shopping on Rodeo Drive--Rodeo Drive is for Size 2 people
  • Join a Motorcycle Club--I hate motorcycling
  • Go Sky Diving--could care less about that--I already went up in a Balloon, now that was really fun, for our Wedding Anniversary, thanks to our children
  • Earn some Beads at Mardi Gras????  What is that about?
  • Leave money to Linda's family--sorry I am spending it all...
  • Learn how to Arc Weld Iron???? Why?
  • Have a Late Baby--Ha, I have trouble just taking care of me and Sadie
  • Curse Just Because--Something my lips just can't do for some reason
  • Go on a Mission--I was working till I was 78, too late now.
  • Be in a Flash Mob in Hollywood--I doubt I could follow directions
  • Go to Thailand Beach for 3 months--if I was 40 years younger maybe
Some I would like to do:
  • Go Stand Up Paddling with John and Maria--when it is warm
  • Ride an Elephant
  • Try Caramels from all over the world
  • Cruise to Alaska!
  • Read 80 Books in 80 Days--Now that is a challenge!
  • Take a Cruise Around the World--Cruises Rock!
  • Vist Great Grandkids in Las Vegas--that would be fun...
  • Night a Disneyland Hotel--though not sure why...
  • Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge--yes, would like to visit San Franciso again
  • Read 50 Shades of Grey--who is going to loan me the book?
  • Climb Mt Lassen--well part of it anyway
That soungs like plenty to work on...

1 comment:

  1. I would love to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, too! And someday when I can afford it, go on a cruise.

    ReplyDelete