Monday, February 18, 2008

"Dear John"--Nicholas Sparks novel

"Dear John", the letter read. And with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives changed forever. " A heartbreaker that most of us have probably experienced but this one has a twist, of course.
I have read all Nicholas Sparks novels except one. As soon as they are in paperback and at Wal-mart I read them. You can visualize effortlessly his characters and scenes and I usually read his books in just a few days because they are "page turners". Three of his books have been turned into movies and I am sure more will be.
This one is heartbreaking and yes, I did look ahead and see that it was not going to have the happy ending I like, but being prepared for it I wanted to finish it anyway. I am glad I did and recommend it.
I have two favorite "Nicholas" authors. Nicholas Evans is the other one. His novels take place in Montana even though he lives in England. Two of his novels have been made into movies. He writes long books and they are very educational as well as "page turners". I especially loved "The Loop" about wolves... He just doesn't publish books often enough!
Thank heaven for books and music and the talented people who write and perform for us. But why are so many of us just the reader or listener instead of gifted with talent? I have always wondered about that...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far