Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tomorrow


Well, the sun is supposed to come out Monday anyway. We have had snow all day again. The "Christmas Trees" in the back of my yard are the heaviest I have ever seen them and the snow is half way up the bird feeder.
You can't see him but at the moment I chose to take a picture a big squirrel was choosing to escape across the snow. I wonder from where to where??? It currently is a white-out outside and will be the same tomorrow. On our walk today, I slipped again, it is pure ice underneath the powder--another two days by the fire for sure. Since I ran out of fire starter I am a real pioneer at getting my wood to burn.
I love the song "Tomorrow" from Annie. FDR was president when I was in grade school and this is who Annie was singing to in the musical. We were totally impressed at listening to him on the radio or seeing him in the newsreels at the movie. When the musical Annie first came to LA the children were all quite young but Richard loved taking the children to musicals. So we bought seats close up front (our philosophy was if you are going to spend that much money, spend a little more and make it really memorable) and drove them up there. It was a wonderful experience but I wonder if they remember it as well as I do!
The last musical Richard took me to, was a near up front seat of "Phantom of the Opera" in San Diego. It was a marvelous production. I have never forgotten that "Phantom"--his voice, his hands, amazing. It was one of the best birthday presents I have ever received.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far