Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Endings Only, please!

I have found myself doing these three things over and over in the last few months:

If I am watching a recorded movie and I come to a part I don't like (such as children in danger, etc) I click ahead till I come to a safe part to make sure all ends well.

If I am watching TV and come to a part I don't like such as someone being demoralized or badly hurt, I switch to another movie.

If I am reading a book and a character I like is in trouble or something is happening I don't like, I go to the end of the book to see if there is a happy ending. If not, I don't finish the book.

So what is that all about??? Can I only handle happy endings at this juncture in my life or is that my way of always finding joy in my life?

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far