Saturday, February 02, 2008

Problem Solved!!! Sleeping Well...

For the past six weeks or so I have been bothered by an aching leg which I understand is probably from a pinched nerve. I have decided I will try acupunture when the snow lets up and I can get down to Chico. But...
In the meantime I have been tossing and turning and hurting. A few nights ago I started a new routine. I lathered my leg with muscle rub, pulled on my long ski underwear, pulled on snuggy wool socks (after a hot soak in the tub) and then laid under my flannel sheets and down quilt in the soldier sleep pattern (on my back, legs slightly apart and arms straight down, nothing touching and totally relaxed). My bed has the feet raised also. There were no nerves touching each other all night and no matter how much I was tempted to turn on my side, I wouldn't do it. I slept like a baby, just like I saw Kelsi sleep and it worked!!!! I think the snug underwear keeps the heat on the leg. Anyway, I look like a dork, but who's looking anyway. I AM SLEEPING!
As I have said before, growing old is for the pits...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far