Saturday, February 20, 2010

Moving Forward

It was nice to have my daughter take me to my colonoscopy--if I had had it done at home, I would have had to have someone drive me to Chico and wait!!!!  Which is why I am pursuing my medical list down here.  Thanks, Maria, for taking the day for me.  And the good news, my colon is in perfect shape.  That really surprised me, I had envisioned the worst scenario.  I thought the medical staff was great.  On the table they kept asking all kinds of questions about Lake Almanor--before they put me out that is.  That whole part of it was a very pleasant experience.  They were surprised I wasn't on any medication for anything!

So now my quest for getting myself in good physical shape is moving on.  I started in November with a total physical which was perfect except for the right artery.   In December I had a chipped tooth fixed and my teeth cleaned.  In January I had a new vision test resulting in new driving and reading glasses.  In January I also checked out having my heavy eyelids fixed and my varicose veins done again.  I passed on both of those.  I also had the doppler test and found my right artery is 70-80% narrowed.

This week I checked out the pain in my right foot plaguing me for some time and the colonoscopy.  The last thing to be done is the visit to the thoracic surgeon to see if surgery is needed on my artery or just a 'wait and see'.  I suppose I should see if my right wrist pain is something that can be cured--it has only been a year since I fell and of course, the nagging neck pain from the weird accident at Christmas.  I did buy a neck brace and neck comforter to see if treating it myself works.

And of course, there is the continual search for which foods are giving me these bouts of indigestion.  Gluten? Dairy? Veggies? Fat? Sugar? Each time I think I have it--something gives me doubt.  Now I am on the 'sole' for more energy.  That is a spoonful of water each day from the crystal salt.  No biggy.  I will pursue a green smoothie each day and go from there.  Right now I am to stay off my feet but once I can get going, I will pursue my walking fulltime again.

All I want is more (lots more) energy, a happy tummy and sleeping well.  Not much to ask at 77 I don't think.

Once I get feeling 100% again I will start living a more exciting life I think and write about something other than me.  I want to be ready for our little trip to Victoria.  I was so tired on our Scandinavia trip and feet hurt that I often skipped too much walking.  I don't want that again.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far