Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Stress Sets In Big Time

This morning I started out for a Doctor's appointment on Carmel Mountain Road.  Since I cross Carmel Mountain Road everytime I go to Walmart or Costco, I assumed I could go by Walmart and buy Bandido's dog food before going to the Doctor's office.  However, when I plugged in the address to my GPS (after finishing at Walmart) it took me 15 miles away!!  It appears Carmel Mountain Road goes from beyond I-15 to over by I-5.  Since I was low on gas, this was stressing me out.  Then I realized I had forgotten my cell phone and I began to feel more stress.  As I drove I was also thinking about the various problems facing so many family members and I stressed even more!

How is it that I drove for over sixty years without a cell phone and got along just fine and now I panic without one.  After finally arriving at the Dr's office I began filling out the paper work and I read--'No Medicare Insurance will be accepted.'  What??  Now I am really stressing out.  The receptionist tries to convince me to see the Dr anyway but I say, 'No Way, I cannot afford to not use my insurance.'

On the way out I ask someone where is the closest gas station--I was just about on 0 when I pulled in.  She tells me how to go and when I finally get there I can see a station but the freeway is in the way and I panic as to which road to take.  Thank heaven behind the bridge is another station I can pull into.  However, I cannot decipher how to pay for the gas!!  More stress.

As I leave the station I am in totally unfamiliar territory, thank heaven for my GPS and I get on my way, now so totally stressed out I just head for James' home.

Why do I get so stressed?  True, I don't know San Diego anymore but I think it is my age.  I just can't handle anything anymore.

When I get home I tell Camber I need to de-stress so I was taking Kelsi and Bandido for a walk.  We went to the park, dallied at the swings and then sat in the sand and made castles with balconies and windows and people and then scattered snow over them all.  It was very calming...  I can't handle this old age.  I want to be a child again.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far