Sunday, January 31, 2010

Collage Fun

Before I left I took all the calendars I have gathered and threw them in with my books. What has resulted with the time on my hands is collage pictures and boxes. Jacob, Jimmy, Lea and Kelsi each did large collage pictures that turned out nicely, mostly of animals. Lea and Kelsi also did collage boxes which look great. These are the collage boxes I have created. The nice thing about it is I have no expectation of perfection in my lifetime any more and so it is just fun cutting and pasting.

I still have a lot of calendars and only a few boxes left so I am on the outlook for boxes of all shapes and sizes. What will I do with all the boxes? I am giving the nautical one to Jacob for his birthday, keeping the large Carl Larsson box, and the others, well ,if you see something you like and have room for another dust gatherer, let me know. It is a shame to throw away all those calendar pictures so I will keep pasting as long as I have modge podge and boxes.

I remember hours of cutting and pasting from catalogs and magazines when I was a child. My mother made a glue of flour and water and it worked very well. No smell, no bad taste and it does stick. Tooth picks and popsicle sticks were used for spreading the glue.   What did we paste on? Anything we could find and if we were lucky, occasionally some store bought colored construction paper.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far