Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another fun day.

Today I had a basal cell removed from the right side of my nose.  It was a year ago when I had the same procedure on the side of my nostril but it was much more serious and skin from my cheek was grafted on to the area. 

This time there are just stitches from the top of my nose to the bottom but no grafting.  Dr. Martin is very encouraging about how nicely the face heals and works very hard to have a pleasing conclusion.  I trust her.  She said the nose is very vulnerable to basal cell sarcoma and said she hoped this was the last of it on me.  Me, too.

She asked me how I was coming with my other doctor appointments I have lined up and she said the carotid surgery is the most important so I better keep pursuing that appointment.  I'll be glad when summer comes.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far