Monday, January 11, 2010

I Can't Believe I Did It Again!!!

After Melissa and I had a birthday movie (Leap Year) popcorn and then a Mexican lunch I went to Walmart.  On the way home I stopped for gas and couldn't find my purse!  Not knowing whether I had enough gas to get back and right in the midst of evening traffic I headed back to Walmart.  Yes, I was praying my purse was turned in but could it really be safe for the SECOND TIME??? (When I was working in Sacramento a few years ago I had left my wallet in a Walmart cart.  The wallet was filled with cash and charge cards worth over $50K.  When I arrived back at the hotel I didn't have my card key and then realized my wallet was gone.  When I retrieved it from the Walmart Customer Service they told me it was not unusual to have the purse returned with all cards and cash intact.  "We have good people here," she said.  Could I really be that blessed a second time???

There was a long line but when I got to the Customer Service rep a call was made and the determination was that no purse had been turned in.  I asked if I could use a phone as I needed someone to come as I had no money or phone with me (yes, I had my keys but my gas tank was almost empty).  She asked for the number and I gave her Maria's cell.  She said she couldn't phone a long distance number.  I gave her James' cell number.  Same problem--she couldn't call a long distance number.  I couldn't remember their 760 number which she wanted.  She called for someone to come and help me and explained my purse was lost and I needed someone to call a long distance number for me.  The lady on the other end said a purse had been turned in!!  The clerk said that Kevin had just told her no purse had been turned in.  The other lady came,  she gave me my purse and lo and behold, cell phone was there, all the money was there, all the cards and my license were there. 

Now, if I had had gas in my car I would have driven home and not retrieved my purse.  If I had given them the 760 number, Maria or James would have come and I would have not retrieved my purse.  Thank the Lord for tender mercies, for the second time my scatter brained carelessness did not damage my life and financial situation.  And believe me this really proves without a doubt, if you have to lose a purse...do it at Walmart, they must have the most honest employees and customers ever.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far