Friday, January 29, 2010

Kurt Warner

I have always admired Kurt Warner, quarterback of the Cardinals, and felt so badly watching him get hurt so much in Sunday's game.  Can't they play good football without so much damage?  It often looks so deliberate to cause injury--not just to stop a player.  Every time he was hit the tv would shift to his mother and wife to see how they were reacting.

At any rate I was listening to an ESPN station on the way to the doctor yesterday and they were reporting that he will probably be announcing his retirement today.  The announcer reported his wife as saying, "It was up to Kurt and God."  The announcer said he couldn't understand this at all (asking God for guidance in making decisions).  Although it did not surprise me that people think this way, it did surprise me that someone would admit it on the radio to the whole world and God.

As much as I will miss watching Kurt Warner, I know that with his character and commitment to God and family he will find a way to serve in a much greater way than just entertaining the masses in football.  Do what your heart tells you, Kurt, we are with you.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far