Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Medical Saga Goes On

It's been awhile since I have written.  On with my problems with Medicare.  I kept my appointment with the vein doctor and she said my legs need to be done but Medicare is being run by Palmetto and they are slow in paying and it is uncertain what they will pay.  She cannot get approval up front.  I think it would be better if I had Medicare Advantage but it had appeared that where I am living that would not be as good.  I may need to revisit that decision.  Anyway she wanted $2500 up front and then I would get reimbursed from Medicare and Healthnet.  That is not going to happen.

Next Dr appointments is with a podiatrist on Wednesday to see if I can resolve this pain in the ball of my left foot.  I can't wear heels or my high boots at all anymore without terrible pain in my foot.

Next Friday I have my Colonscopy Screening.  I know I should have had one years ago and it was scheduled, at least three times.  But every time it would get near I would get called out to work and so I cancelled my appointment.  This time it will happen.

On March 2 I have an appointment with the Cardio Surgeon.  I am hoping he reviews the tests and my health and makes it just a "wait and see" but I am thinking with the poor economy Drs need all the work they can get and he may opt to do the surgery anyway.  Is that a really 'badditude'?  I will check and see what he says about my legs as well.

I had thought I would have all my medical 'list' completed long before the snow was melted up north but at the rate I am going I can see that is not true.  I just hope I am finished by the time the snow melts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You identify, people each time make comments when anything is predicted to prove in 2012, like “fairly that is if the age is still here.” You do realize that the Mayans predict the world will end on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all strong if anything is going to encounter in 2012 there is solitary the slimmest conceivability that the everybody hand down have ended already it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net/future_and_past_of_the_earth.html
]your new chakra system
[/url] - some truth about 2012

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far