Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day

I had such a nice Valentine Day with Maria and Melissa.  Maria always has such interesting stories to tell and Melissa is so caring.  She watches over my purse and jacket and me. 

We went to the Whaley House--the haunted house.  We always took our Cub Scouts there when we visited Old Town and our children, of course.  The thing I noticed is how small the old furniture was and how small their shoes were.  We have come a BIG way with all the food we eat.

And you have to buy some candy at Old Town, which I did.  The street tacos were very good and the churros are the best.  The thing I miss most in Lake Almanor is all the good Mexican food down here.

After Old Town Maria took us to Hillcrest for some yummy $3 cupcakes but they really were better than homemade from a  cake package.  I had the Red Velvet and it was so delicious.  Thank you beautiful Maria and beautiful Melissa for such a nice day.

One of my happiest memories of Valentines's Day were the beautiful Valentine boxes our Primary School teachers made.  They were so beautiful with paper lace and hearts and ruffles and in the top of a box a slit so we could put our valentines in it.  And then we always had a party with goodies and drink on our desk and of course, the passing out of the valentines and you always analyzed what your current crush had sent you.  It was so simple and fun, kind of like street tacos with people you love.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far