Friday, February 19, 2010

Sherry



Sherry's daughter Caitland.

    
      Sherry's son Zach and Beleca.  They are buying a condo and having a baby, working and finishing college, all at the same time.
Sherry's sister Debbie, husband Tom and daughter.  Debbie has been such a support and friend to Sherry and her family in this
past few years of sickness
.

Sherry and Wes Smith
I
Sherry's daughter Carole and Debbie's Antowne

I didn't have a picture of Sherry's son Steven but here is one of her dogs.

I have been thinking of Sherry, my sister's daughter today.  She passed away Tuesday night--much too young.  I was remembering when she lived with us, her eagerness to help, her always wanting to bake us something, her love of taking Zach to the Padres games.  She had such a beautiful smile and lovely eyes and spoke with such a soft voice.

I can remember well when Zach would take off running at the mall, when none of us were expecting it.  What did he hope to see?  Where did he want to go?  Just curious I guess and Sherry in pursuit.  She and John spoke the same language and were good friends but she also spent a lot of time alone, writing, thinking.   She responded well to Richard and whatever he thought she should learn.  She worked well in the business.  I remember one of our 80's Christmas cards and we did a spoof of what we were all doing.  She was touted as the hot real estate lady who was selling millions.

For Richard's and my Silver Wedding Anniversary she carved the watermelon for the salad.  I think without a doubt we all enjoyed having Sherry with us.  When she had crafted the trade of being able to process loans she wanted to leave and be with her friends in Austin and that is where she has been since.

But she soon left the boring loan business and pursued her love of cooking.  I hope she found some answers to the questions she was always pursuing.  She certainly had some beautiful children.  And she was always creative and had such great love for people and animals and plants and books.  Sherry, a very loving daughter of God.  May she find peace in heaven.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far