Saturday, December 18, 2010

And Still Learning...

I am continually amazed that I am continually learning new things...or have I just forgotten...

At any rate it was time for my annual physical this week and as I was chatting with my Dr--bingo, I learn something new.  I do not have to have Medicare D if I don't want to.  Good I will take care of that.

Then I am getting my blood drawn and the technician is telling me about his fire stove.  He fills it so full it will burn for eight hours at night!!!  The only problem with filling it too full, he said, is that sometimes you burst the welding (that doesn't sound good).  Why have I not been filling my stove full?  I don't know...

Wow, another scary drop of snow outside.  We have had two days of  very cold and the snow has been stuck on the big pines--now it has warmed up enough to be snowing all night and some of the trees are dropping their glory in one big plop.

By the way, I did not like the movie, "Going the Distance"--it is just a lot of trashy talk.  I do not understand why classy stars allow themselves to act in movies like that.  I read it more closely represents true life.  Well, all I can say, if true life is having the women talk like that, this country is in even more trouble than I thought, and furthermore I worry about these kind of women being the mothers of the next generation.

I have always heard that men will rise to the standard of the women and this determines the morals of the country.  Younger generation women need to, "step a little higher" as my Mom used to say.  They don't have to be influenced by whoever they are getting their trashy mouths from...

I liked a movie I saw recently where a detective was having to guard a classy woman and really began to admire her and care for her.  His wife realized this especially when he asked his wife why she had to talk like she did (swear words).  She said she had always talked like that and he never minded before, why now...

Why now, because he saw how lovely a woman could be, that is why, and he liked it.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far