Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Lake Almanor 2010



This was our Christmas Family this year.  Matt, Mitch and Me plus Bruce and Bandido.  It is only the second time in the 11 years I have been here that I have been home for Christmas.
However, we had the traditional Hardy Christmas.  Christmas Eve dinner followed by our Christmas program--minus the Nativity Scene but we looked at the pictures of Christmas in Rancho Bernardo in about 1991 when all the grandchildren were dressed as shepherds or angels and Kristi was Mary, Mike was Joseph and Meagan was an Angel.


We then opened Christmas presents.  There were not too many and we did not have the traditional White Elephant.  I was touched that the boys gave me a beautiful card and that lovely red Christmas throw on my lap plus a darling glass house to hide secret things in (like hershey kisses).




As usual when Bruce is here, Bandido was very serene but he slept mostly in Matt's room.  Bandido always did like men better than women.  What is that about?


We then learned a new version of Hearts, Black Maria, and Janet lost to the boys.  Next day it was Mitch that lost.  We also had lots of television to watch.  Christmas morning the boys went fishing at the lake.  We had lots of left overs and goodies to eat so it was a very pleasant Christmas weekend.  Mitch enjoyed an outing with a friend and Matt and Bruce went snowshoeing with Leo.

 

The boys each had a couch and I had my rocking chair.  Very comfy.  You can see the cute house on the Christmas table.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far