Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It is a Big NO!

You can't make the traditional Christmas Cookies with gluten free flour. It is the texture. They puff up and lose their shape and they become very fragile when cool. Ok for eating with milk, the taste is good but just not the same. Same as I found with my favorite cookie recipe.  Anyway I found a can of frosting I bought at the Dollar Store and frosted the blobs.  No use spending a lot of time decorating these strange things.  Do taste good though.

I will just have to wait for good  cookies until I get to San Diego and can buy some of the Betty Crocker special Gluten Free mixes. They are really good but they are not sold up here. I am lucky I can get the UDI's bread and chocolate muffins.

The gluten free spaghetti is very good, I make up a big batch and keep in the fridge. The bread is good. The bread mixes are good. Someday I will try the pumpkin bread but not this year. I am through with baking for 2010. So another year without the traditional frosted Christmas Cookie that started when I was in college and lasted for 50 plus years. I guess I have eaten enough.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far