Sunday, May 15, 2011

Humidity?

Not yet!  I am freezing!  A couple told me it doesn't get hot till July in the Southaven, MS/Memphis,TN area and then I better keep covered with OFF! because of bugs.  At any rate I am missing my comforter in Lake Almanor.  Tomorrow I will ask for more blankets from the Courtyard.

It was truly a beautiful drive up Mississippi yesterday and I saw only one spot in all the trees that line the highway that had been affected by tornadoes.  Trees were cut in half and smashed all over each other.  They tell us the snakes and alligators are looking for higher ground though so be careful!

I met a very friendly couple who was so gracious to me.  I was wearing my blue jacket at the grocery store so they want to know what you are doing, and are very appreciative of us being here.  They told me not to miss the Barbeque in Memphis but I see Saturday was the last night.  The wife told me of all the places she has lived, she liked this area the best. 

I find the grilled chicken/spinach salad at Subway is very delicious. 

Today as of 1 pm was the first day of seeing people but since we are very new here, no one found their way to us yet so we spent the afternoon exchanging stories about ourselves.  Everyone in SBA who is out here away from family has a story! 

I spent my free time last night refreshing my memory of what our job is here.  I haven't worked in the field since Katrina/Rita in 2005-6.  And I didn't realize until bedtime that I had left my pajamas on the bed at Jackson--(they will send them to me)...what will I lose next?

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far