Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mayor's Wife

Today the Mayor's wife came in and brought us a strawberry pie.  I took the opportunity to ask her some questions about this little town.  Like 'what happened?'  She said in the seventies there were several restaurants, clothing stores, drugstores, etc.  Today there is nothing except one Convenience Store.  What happened?  Well, there was a shirt factory and it closed and that was just the beginning.

There is an ethanol factory still and I suppose that is why all the corn is grown .  She told me the four houses I saw in a circle were the beginning of a subdivision but there were so many trucks going on the road in front of it, no more  homes were built.  When the new highway comes through, it will solve that problem.

It appears to be a dying town but I did see one beautiful home with really lovely sprawling lawns and a little lake with a boat dock.  She said the owner was a contractor and her son had been married there.  Really lovely.  I enjoyed listening to her as she talked on a first name basis about God in her life with her sweet southern accent.  She says, "Did I misunderstand you God?  I thought you told me this."  She says nothing can go wrong in your life if you just trust in God.  Amen.

Anyway life moves slow in these parts of Tennessee but I found the Subway and I love those 'Grilled Chicken Spinach' salads and I thought I found some good chocolate malt ice cream cups but they couldn't match up to the Cho Chos of the 40's.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far