Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nora Roberts

As a diversion from my family history recreations (which you can only work at so long before going slightly crazy) I read one of Nora Roberts novels "The Last Honest Woman".  I loved both of her main characters.  She makes me fall in love with her men all the time.  They understand women so well, wish I could meet one like that.   I have never met any like them but I wish I had--perhaps because I am not like one of her woman heroines either--I generally love them, too.

This wasn't always so.  In a lot of her earlier books, she had women who swore a lot and were a bit too aggressive for me to really like.   Actually this book is from 1988. I think she has matured into the best romance writer of all.  I love her Wedding Planner series, loved all the characters so much.   It is interesting to me that she continues to and always has written eight hours a day.  It is a serious job for her--no wonder she can put out so many books.  I love her triologies and will stop in at the book store today to see how many used books of hers they have that I have not read.  I then take them back to a Thrift store when I am done.

I can usually read her books in a day or so and I love that--they keep me interested and I just sit down and gulp them up.  What a wonderful escape from the hum drum life and too much work that we need to sometime disappear from...thank you Nora Roberts for the depth of your heroes and heroines.  I love them.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far