Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sometime Messy Makes Perfection!


My perfect gluten free crust.

Michael and I make a mess in the kitchen!  I was not finished making ice cream when he wants me to make my gluten free crust for one of the three quiche he is making.  There is only so much counter space and things got real messy, real fast.

But the quiche were wonderful and the kitchen is all cleaned up!

One thing I learned while making the Best Ice Cream recipe today.  I actually read instructions from the manual,  And it is a lot higher, and fluffier if you mash your fruit and juices with half the sugar in a separate bowl and then beat the half and half with the rest of the sugar and then fold in the heavy cream to that mixture.  Just before you pour the ice cream into the ice cream maker fold the fruit mix into the cream mixture.  It was perfect and I won't remember this unless I write it down.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far