Thursday, July 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

In the book "The Last Honest Woman"  the horse stalls needed to be cleaned every morning and the horses let out into the corral.  Sort of reminds me of what I do with Bandido every morning.  I take the towels he has surrounding his bed and wash them and clean out his area and  put the plastic bags down again with fresh towels, put his bed back in place and clean his water and food dish before putting it back.  While I am doing this he is roaming around the yard as far as he can go on his leash that is on a pulley.  I carry him out to the hammock and he saunters back and hopefully relieves himself a little more on the way back.  The towels have to be washed twice because the odor is so strong, wonder why that is.  He seems happy, sleeps a lot, eats a lot, and never barks.  His eyes need cleaning out quite often.  I sort of feel like I am taking care of an Alzheimer's patient.  Easier with a dog than a person I am sure though.  Hope no one ever has to take care of me, I just want to drift off in my sleep some night.

When I was adding Jeanne's report on Mom's last days to Mom's autobiography as I was recreating the Anderson/Larson website, I was amused that Mom told Jeanne near the end of her life that it was like a party in her bedroom every night.  All her loved ones who had died were visiting with her.  She wondered where Elis was though.  He was her brother and had died when he was 26 and was just 6 years older than Mom.  She had mentioned earlier that Dad often visited her but she wondered WHERE he was.  Don't we all?  Still it is a comfort to know you will probably not be going to the great beyond alone.

Today I was looking at all my bananas and was reminded of a little place along 395 we used to stop and have banana shakes.  Question is, where would we be coming back from?  Was it after ski trips to Mammoth?  Would we have had shakes in the winter?  Probably so because it wouldn't have been cold in that part of California.  I have often looked for the place, but can't find it anymore, wonder where it was.  We always looked so forward to them.  It is a fun memory.

Well, if bad things happen in threes, I should have the last as of yesterday.  My Verizon bill was 3 times it's usual amount.  And I am trying to figure out why.  Seems I had a lot of calls last month, long ones, hmmm and I thought I didn't have any friends.   I must enjoy talking to someone...will have to check that out.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far