Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

This year has gone unbelievable fast, it is already time again for:
  • Flannel Sheets
  • Fur Throws
  • Wood Stove Fires
  • Cocoa Mix
  • Marshmallows
  • Hallmark Christmas Movies
  • Decorating the House
  • and all that Christmas stuff
While I was at Jeanne's we had Chocolate Ovaltine which I drank hot and really loved.  As a child I drank a lot of ovaltine and I think it is much more healthy than my cocoa mix so yesterday I looked for some at Walmart--Not!  So this morning I looked in the Family Recipes and sure enough Linda had put in the recipe for Cocoa Mix.  It is really very good, I put it through a strainer to get out all the cocoa lumps but I love hot cocoa in the winter so I keep the steam pot on the stove and the mix and marshmallows ready.

I have many, many Hallmark movies recorded so I always have a "happy ending" flick to watch no matter how bad TV is and this weekend I will decorate the house for Christmas.  It used to come right after Halloween but I am waiting a little this year.  I am even thinking of possibly cutting a fresh tree for Christmas--will need to see if I can get Michael to help me.

Marjorie and I ran into a beautiful grove of them, would love to find it again, and of course, I need to find out what the regulations are for cutting in the forest.

This is a wonderful time of year except for I am always sad thinking about Richard and that Thanksgiving in 1996 and then it was also Thanksgiving time when my brother Richard passed away, too.  Sad and happy memories always a mix at this time of year.  Thank heaven for hot cocoa and Hallmark movies and being thankful for all our blessings to get us through the season.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far