John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far

Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

This year has gone unbelievable fast, it is already time again for:
  • Flannel Sheets
  • Fur Throws
  • Wood Stove Fires
  • Cocoa Mix
  • Marshmallows
  • Hallmark Christmas Movies
  • Decorating the House
  • and all that Christmas stuff
While I was at Jeanne's we had Chocolate Ovaltine which I drank hot and really loved.  As a child I drank a lot of ovaltine and I think it is much more healthy than my cocoa mix so yesterday I looked for some at Walmart--Not!  So this morning I looked in the Family Recipes and sure enough Linda had put in the recipe for Cocoa Mix.  It is really very good, I put it through a strainer to get out all the cocoa lumps but I love hot cocoa in the winter so I keep the steam pot on the stove and the mix and marshmallows ready.

I have many, many Hallmark movies recorded so I always have a "happy ending" flick to watch no matter how bad TV is and this weekend I will decorate the house for Christmas.  It used to come right after Halloween but I am waiting a little this year.  I am even thinking of possibly cutting a fresh tree for Christmas--will need to see if I can get Michael to help me.

Marjorie and I ran into a beautiful grove of them, would love to find it again, and of course, I need to find out what the regulations are for cutting in the forest.

 
This is a wonderful time of year except for I am always sad thinking about Richard and that Thanksgiving in 1996 and then it was also Thanksgiving time when my brother Richard passed away, too.  Sad and happy memories always a mix at this time of year.  Thank heaven for hot cocoa and Hallmark movies and being thankful for all our blessings to get us through the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment