Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Ever Learning, Never Able to Come to a Knowledge of the Truth"

I am talking about what causes diarrhea or nearly so.  I have been plagued by sudden bursts of such for longer than I care to remember and it has gotten worse in my old age.

Over the years I have been treated for IBS, tested for Celiac Disease, and determined I cannot have Gluten in my life as well as sucrose, lactose, fructose, high fructose corn syrup, licorice, etc etc... but it seems there is always a new culprit I did not suspect.

This week I found a new website "End the Vicious Cycle" and learned that all those Gluten Free flours and mixes and pastas etc  are part of the problem, a big part of the problem!!!  Lactaid milk has other stuff in it that is a problem even though no lactose.  Potatoes, rice, corn, all flours etc have a certain kind of starch that the large intestines cannot handle.  It goes on and on.  I learned about the gluten, the fodmaps and now it is the starch and immune system...

So a new month of experimenting and I hope we finally can know all the culprits that plague my life!!!

I had to visit Dr Tonya again yesterday because after several bouts of diarrhea, a UTI follows and she wants to get to the bottom of that.  I hope this book has the answers, it made sense to her.  She is also testing me for Ecoli this time, too.  Hmmm.

I have given up so many foods and ice cream and gelato are just two but yesterday I made the Paleo Strawberry ice cream that Maria sent and it is quite good.  I tried the Pineapple Whip earlier and that is good, too.  So now it is a lot of new recipes but what will be the substitute for flour.

Last week I made Grandma's Oven Pancake with Pamela's GF Bread Mix flour and I had just made Swedish Pancakes with Pamela's GF Bread Mix flour and Almond Milk and both were really good and worked so well but now...I find that flour may be a big part of the problem.  And I will have to donate all those boxes of Quinoa Pasta to the Food Bank I guess.

 
I had also just made some cupcakes from the GF Cake mix and I suppose I will have to throw those out, too??

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far