Friday, August 07, 2009

Mystery Solved!

I don't think the Security people would ever have gotten to the bottom of it at all but the Sheriff's office was very swift to come and swift to solve the mystery. Evidently a logger was cutting trees at a house across from me and the usual access to the backyard was closed due to construction so he cut a path through about 6 neighbors back yards and evidently had to trim two stumps on my property to get through. (How would we know it was stumps and not trees--it is not like I have my trees photographed in my mind).

Actually if they had asked me I could have shown them a shorter access and with no need to cut anything. They split a log at my neighbors as well. It was my neighbor who followed the truck tracks in and out and figured it out actually and the sheriff just finished it up. Nice to know we have a great sheriff's department with not a whole lot to do. But I am sure the neighbors have me labeled as that 'ditsy old lady'. But as my little granddaughter once said, "If you have grey (or white) hair, you can do anything you want.

And it is nice to know I live in a safe place just as I thought I did, though they were supposed to get permission to trespass. I guess the loggers do so much work in here they get to feeling free to do what they know they can without asking anyone.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far