Wednesday, August 19, 2009

War and Peace

I watched the 1956 version of "War and Peace" this week and enjoyed it very much. I understand there is a Russian made 1969 version with subtitles which is longer and with much more depth. Think I will check it out sometime. I should just read the whole book. Someday. The thing I like most about Tolstoy is his ability to make you think about what you want out of life. At least he does me.
I liked the beginning when Natasha was telling Pierre she was listing all the things that brought happiness in life and he added a couple of things to it. I like focusing on what brings happiness and contentment and making sure they are a part of my life.
When I had my 68th birthday the Valko family gave me a card in which I had to list 68 things (or people) to be thankful for. It was not hard. I should reread the list and see if I have any to add to the list (or take away) in the last 8 years.
I liked the quote "The most difficult thing, but an essential one, is to to love Life, to love it even while one suffers because Life is all, Life is God and to love Life means to love God."

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far