Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Critters Drive Me Crazy

Some little critters that look suspiciously like this chipmunk are driving me crazy. They are digging holes in my potted plants and raised garden beds. There is almost a half acre of dirt but they only dig holes in my gardening areas. When I chase them with a hose or a noise making branch they run up a tree and get about 100 feet up and then look down on me and taunt me with a "chi, chi, chi, chi...". Bandido likes to chase them but he is no match for tree climbers.
There have always been squirrel holes around the yard but I don't remember any making all these big holes in my soft garden dirt. Yes, it is the fall and they are preparing for winter but....there is plenty of room for them elsewhere. What to do, what to do???? They will just have to move from the Garden Apartments to the Hillside Apartments, plenty of room for them there.

2 comments:

The Massey Family said...

You are so funny! Why are they digging holes?

Janet said...

According to the internet wikepedia they are either burrowing homes or hiding food. I just filled 9 holes with water. If they are smart they will move from the flooded Garden Apartments to the Hillside Apartments where they can dig all the holes they want, I don't care there. If they are hiding food they need to find better hiding places, that is for sure.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far