Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Les Miserables

Today was 'Les Miserables' day. I watched the old black and white version with Fredic March and a very young Charles Laughton. Both actors were great and it is a terrific interpretation of the book. And then I play the musical version and it really stirs my soul.
I must admit I had to stop watching the movie for awhile, I get very upset by the inequities in life, the unfairness of it all, but the remorse on Charles Laughton's (Javert's) face before he drowns himself made up for all the rest...
I don't understand how I got all through school without having to read 'Les Miserables' or even see the movie. I wasn't aware of it at all until the new musical version came out and our Church did a performance of it. Anyway the music always gives me a great lift...so grateful for the talents of others.

1 comment:

Linda said...

HOLD ON HOLD ON

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far